11.07.2011

Our New Niece!

After patiently waiting for 9 months, we had to wait even longer.  Lucy Claire was scheduled to be born on my brother's birthday, which is September 10; however, she waited another day and was born on one of the most recognizable dates in history.

Robert and I are seven hours ahead of the US, but when I woke up on Saturday, September 10th, my brother had messaged so we decided to give him and Christan a call.. which was at 2 am there time.  They were so excited they couldn't sleep!  Christan was even having a little late night cereal to prepare her for the big day.  After talking for a while, I convinced them they should get off the phone and get some rest.  The next day could be a long one.  And that it was.

September 10th could arguably be the longest day in my life... much less in Christan's, Jared's, or our parents.  Lucy Claire decided she wasn't quite ready to make her grand appearance before Robert and I went to bed, so I called every 2 hours for a status update.  Every time I called, I got the same answer.  By the time morning came, I would have worn I had given birth!  I believe my mom felt the same way.  Still at 10 am on September 11 (BRU time), no baby!  So I decided to walk to walk down to the Thai festival for a little fresh air.  No sooner than I got there, Robert called and Lucy Claire had arrived!

I was really upset that we couldn't be there for the delivery, so was super excited when we got the first pictures.  Lucy Claire was incredibly beautiful and we couldn't wait to meet her.  About two weeks later, I had a scheduled trip home for work so Robert and I combined that with meeting Lucy Claire for the first time.  She was even more beautiful and extremely tiny in person.  We are very proud of Jared and Christan for being such great parents and hope they don't mind if we spoil our niece!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment